Where is Document/Report Assignment?
- Configuration > Report and Document Maintenance
Why Assign a Document or Report?
Assign a Document or Report to different users, stations or partners. This allows custom forms or requested reports to be used by specific users.
How to Assign a Document or Report to a Station, Partner, or User
- Configuration > Report and Document Maintenance. If forms and documents have not be assigned yet, all reports and documents default to the company level.
- Left click the Reports Tab to modify Reports. Left click Documents Tab to modify Documents.
- Select a Document type from the radio button list on the left side. The center grids may populate with information. Once a document type is selected, all available documents will populate in the bottom section.
- In the Document Consumer field (or Reports Consumer field), choose who will be using the document. Left click the drop-down menu to view a list of possible recipients.
- Left click to select the Station, Partner, or User who will receive the new Document. Tip: The list includes partners first, then stations, then users. If you don't see who you are looking for, scoll down to see more options in the list.
- Example: If a new Bin tag design is wanted at one of the Supplier Receipt stations, select the name of the Station.
- Left click and drag the document name up to the top grid to apply it to this consumer.
- Left click Set as Default.
- Click Save and Close.
Troubleshooting and Tips:
- If the Company default document/report is updated after a User, Partner, or Station document/report has been modified, these documents/reports will NOT update automatically. Modify the document/report at the company level, save, and then update the Station, Partner, and User documents/reports manually by dragging and dropping the new design.
- If you need to delete a design, uncheck the Set as Default and delete the design.
- Sales Order Reports must be saved by user in Report and Document Design.