Prerequesite: Must have a Multiple Site Company
Where New Transfer Orders are located:
Dock Operations > Start a Task > New Transfer Order
What New Transfer Order does:
This function enables you to assign and move inventory to another physical site.
Why & When a Transfer Order is used:
Use a Transfer Order when you have inventory that must be moved to another facility.
How to Create a Transfer Order
- Dock Operations > Start a Task > New Transfer Order
- Fill in the yellow required fields first: Transfer Order Station, From Site, and To Site must be filled in. Some fields will autofill*.
* This is based on station policies
- Fill in the Ship On Date and Deliver By Date if you know them
- Locate the Load field. Click the down arrow the to select a load.
- If no loads are listed, click the plus icon beside Load Nbr* toCreate a load.
* The Load Nbr window is the same as when selecting Dock Operations > Start a Task > New Transfer Load
- Double click in the middle of the empty grid field to create a product/addon line item.
- To select a product type the desired SKU or under the Item heading to open a dropdown selection menu. Type in the commodity and stage and press TAB to populate the dropdown list.
- Click the correct product.
- Select and fill in the Quantity (Qty) any remaining criteria.
- Double click in the middle empty grid to create additional product line items.
- Highlight a product line, click the down arrow beside the Tag Number field to open a dropdown list of available matching tags OR scan/type in tag numbers.
- Click the item row to have it autofill in the order.
- If you do not wish to send the entire tag quantity you may Split the tag. See How to Split a Tag for instructions.
- Press the Refresh Totals button in the lower right corner to refresh the totals of the bottom table.
- Click the Bill of Transfer button at the top to print a Bill of Transfer.
- Press the Loading Instructions button at the top to print Loading Instructions
- After assigning all tags to all product lines, Click the Mark as In Transit button near the top of the window. A popup window will open. Confirm the Load as Shipped by ;pressing the Yes button.
- Save and close
Troubleshooting & Tips
- You may only use Transfer when you have multiple sites in one company. You must use move when you have multiple locations under a single site.
- To receive items on transfer you must make a Transfer Order Receipt
Tags: Transfer, Transfer Order