- Handheld module: View Bin purchased and installed
- At least one user license must be purchased and active
- At least one mobile device available
Where the Bin View Field Options are located
- Company > General Policies > Process Type: General > Group: Handheld
Why & When Bin View Field Options are used
Bin View options change the size of the display and the fields displayed on the handheld. The Bin view screen displays information about a container with a number. These bins do not have printed tags on them. The information on the container is displayed when scanned by the handheld. The bin view field enables customization of this information.
How to modify the “Bin View...” policies
- . On an Envio workstation, login as an Admin user.
- Company > “Company Name” > General Policies > Process Type: General > Group: Handheld
- Click + to expand the menu
- Locate the policies that begin “Bin View...”
- Click in the Value column (farthest to the right) beside the policy you want to change. This will change the information displayed on the handheld.
- Click the dropdown to select the desired column heading
- All of the “Bin View...” policies are changed in this way.
- Save and Close
This policy should now be in place at the company level.
How to verify the views changed on the handheld
- Turn on the handheld device
- Touch the Envio icon to start the application.
- A screen with blue boxes with appear. Two tabs will also show: Tags and Bins. Touch the Bins tab
- Touch Bin View
- Scan or enter a container number that has product in it. The screen should display the information selected in the policies.
Troubleshooting & Tips:
- Handheld policies may also be set at the site and station level
- Column Chooser is not accessible on the handheld